Book Review: The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

Hello lovelies,

So it has been a week since I finished this book and I honestly am not sure I even remember what happened. I got the gist of it but I guess it didn’t stick as much as I thought it should for all the praise it gets. Just so we can be clear I read Bad Rep by Meredith A. Walters before it and The Proposition and The Proposal by Katie Ashley afterwards. I read a lot of similar books so I do understand some of this is my problem but still, I do not want to have to rack my brain to recall the basic plot line. You get all 3 of us on this review and I read this book because both Heather and Misty had read it already. I felt left out of a secret club… I don’t anymore!

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

51KQkuFQyYL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-67,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_Blurb: There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.

Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.

For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.

Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.

Rating: 4 Stars
Price: $0.99 (currently on sale on Amazon)

Amanda:  Holy hell… I was all over the place with this book and the ending is the second worst I have read behind Reason to Breathe. To which this book is very similar! This really is insane. The author sets up multiple scenarios at the end (around 90%) so that each time you are reading one you are not sure if this is the shocking cliffhanger ending! Which I don’t understand why books have to roll out all the drama when there is only 10% left of the book, it makes me wonder what was going on the other 90%. For the most part the book is crazy predictable, as in, you know what happened to Callie at the very beginning (5%, I checked my status update) and then you are not officially told what happens till the end. Oh well, that wasn’t too frustrating or annoying but it’s not my favorite either. The chemistry between Callie and Kayden was great once you get in ways but I think you are supposed to feel it from the moment she stopped his dad. But basically he has thought about her all summer and then when he sees her at school he doesn’t recognize her because her hair was longer. LAME and ridiculous! So the best friends Seth and Luke were amazing I loved them almost as much as the main characters. Everyone in this story has their own problems and unique back story, I hope we get to find out more about them. I love Callie and Kayden and you will love them too!
Best quote ever: “In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one.”

Heather: Argh, how did I not know there was a huge cliffhanger at the end of the novel? This story was intense. It is so hard to read about others misfortunes. This novel is very real and you cannot help but feel for the characters and what they have been through. Can’t wait for the next book.

Misty: I think this book was heart-breaking and amazing. I could really feel for the characters and they felt so real. They aren’t perfect and they have such messed up circumstances but they manage to get past that. I do wish it had more of a real ending because I am getting tired of reading sequels but still I really liked it and can’t wait for the next one.

The sequel, The Redemption of Callie and Kayden, will be released August 6,2013. You may want to wait to read this book until August but you should buy it now while it’s on sale for less than a dollar!

❤ Amanda

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s